Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I am fuckin' polite

The very first question A asks me, when I meet him at the office gate is, "Hey, how are you? How is everything?" Now, I barely know A, and our longest chat had lasted for 38 long seconds, if not less. I have no interest in discussing anything with him and I am pretty sure it's vice versa. Yet the question "How is life", as if expecting me to be completely frank about my state. Now, I know it's nice of him to ask me this question, but keep it for once-in-a-while-Hi-replacement, he can use a simple "Hello" for everyday usage. But no, it has to be "How is everything?" I know he expects my standard reply to be, "All good, you tell me" but on some days, I swear I feel like telling him, "Dude, I've been lying to you all this while. I am not good. I've never been good. My life is so fucked up, you know..." And knowing very well, how busy A always is, I would love to go on and on and on and on and on, about my sad, fucked up life and crib in his ears upto no end. Then I'll go and ask "how is everything" to him, the first thing next day. But then, I am really trying hard to be a nice guy, well, at least on the face of it.

On other news, I hate to declare the sad truth of life. It takes minimum 9 minutes to make decent two-minute Maggi. Yes, they kept lying to us over all these years. They never included the time taken to search for the scissors to cut open the packet of Maggi and the masala, the time taken for the process of cleaning a utensil and filling it with water and the time taken to serve the same in a plate. I wonder how we ever believed them in first place!

6 comments:

heh? ok said...

it's maggi, not time warp mach one maggi.

The New Age Superhero said...

hey.. the ads show hungry kids, banging plates and the calm mother saying " bas 2 minute" and bam! maggi served in ready-to-eat format.. how were we to know?

heh? ok said...

have you ever seen an ad last for nine minutes?

The New Age Superhero said...

You're missing the line-of-deceit here: "bas 2 minute". Make an ad like Venky's. 1 minute, 2 minute, 3 minute chicken, Venky's chicken in minutes. They don't specify the number of minutes here. So, we are not really sure, how many minutes we need to really wait. Venky's come out clean.

Sim said...

You are such a gyaani. What would we do without you oh giver of inane information?!

The New Age Superhero said...

use wikipedia :P