Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sunday, Lazy Sunday

Inspired by Ms. Divya, I decided to paint my wall. I clicked the picture and mailed it to a few people. Then posted it on facebook, DA, everywhere. Hell, I was so proud of it. Here, I post it again.Now, Anarchy and Punk, both the philosophies are pretty much anti-perfection and anti-order, anti-discipline, anti-shit, anti-shat. But I admire them nonetheless. Well, I also thought I represented both these cultures to quite an extent, until, on close inspection of the photograph, I realised there were a few mistakes in the Anarchy symbol. So I went ahead to perfect the symbol of imperfection.

After everything seemed decently complete, I, somehow had the urge to dip the brush in the colours again and paint a few random strokes around the symbol. Realising my stupidity, I should've stopped there. But I went on to add to this by committing a wall-breaking act. I added some water, just for kicks, to the paint brush and I moved the brush over wet paint. I have no clue what I was thinking, or if I was at all thinking. It wasn't long before I crashed to the floor holding my head in my hands in dismay. The paint had started flowing down the wall and the symbol was now looking like a spit on the wall. I calmed myself down for two minutes, and I really should've waited more but impatience is my best friend. I started correcting the spoilt areas with some white paint. The exisitng paint being still wet, the white paint started flowing along with the water, while it also mixed with the existing red paint, bringing out a bright pink. About two years back, I would've killed myself over this. But sanity restored somehow and I waited for the paint to dry now before doing any further damage to the wall or myself. Finally, I altered the anarchy smybol a bit and applied white paint over the dried drips. The output now looks alright but I still do not have the courage to take a second look at the wall.

Moral of the story: Stop aiming for perfection. Accept nothing is and nothing can ever be perfect. Stop trying to correct things. You'll only end up making them worse.

Of other stories, I think it's my duty to impart some wisdom to the young idiots out there: Do not go to a movie drunk on beer. You tend to fall asleep and your angry friends slap you awake as you disturb them with your loud snoring in the middle of a steamy scene on the screen.

That's it for now. Till next time, adios motherfuckers!

Updated pic:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you earlier. I tell you again. This is fuckin' awesome, man.
I love it.

The New Age Superhero said...

thank you, thank you. but my folks aren't quite pleased :D

Divs said...

wow! NICE!!!

The New Age Superhero said...

hehe.. thanks :D

Punvati said...

I love :) and I should start a religion I tells you.. :P

Adios motherfuckers?? Loser :P

The New Age Superhero said...

i suggested that to you dodo.. yes.. start a religion.. let's make some money and we'll all live happily ever after :P

Punvati said...

YOU HAVE A PINK BED!!!! TOO AWESOME! :D

The New Age Superhero said...

no sweetheart.. i've dismembered my bed.. it's mom's sari i've put over some stuff in order to cover it from dripping paint

Soumya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soumya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soumya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

aww - whats with all the deleted comments u RAT

Punvati said...

Dismembered? *smirk*
Yes you have.. You have draped it in pink.. if that doesn't take away its masculinity, you will have to just put some lipstick on it :P

The New Age Superhero said...

hahahaha.. idiot :D